It’s easy to use and makes heating your home more convenient, but can smart heating systems save money?
Can smart heating controls help to save money on energy bills?
Smart heating is becoming more popular for many reasons. Find out more about smart heating, the costs involved, and our range of smart controls.
What is smart heating?
Smart heating connects your heating system to your Wi-Fi via an internet gateway which then means you can control your heating remotely via your smartphone, or another device like a tablet or smart speaker.
Smart heating systems usually have two parts: an internet gateway wired relay attached to your boiler and a thermostat that displays room temperature. The thermostat connects to the boiler, and the internet gateway attached to your boiler or heat pump and a thermostat that displays room temperature. The thermostat or thermostat receiver will connect to your heating appliance and internet gateway which has temperature display.
Find out more by reading our ultimate guide to smart heating.
Do smart heating controls save money ?
For those with busy, hectic lifestyles, smart heating controls can help to reduce energy usage and the cost of bills. The systems allow you to turn off the heating remotely.
The myVAILLANT app makes controlling your Vaillant appliance smarter and quicker as you can manage your heating all in one place. You can also sign up to a free Vaillant smart home subscription for extra peace of mind. The subscription provides you with remote assisted appliance support and appliance health check reports.
Certain smart controls, like Vaillant’s sensoCOMFORT, can monitor the weather and automatically adjust your heating to work as efficiently as possible. This avoids you having to manually adjust your heating, which is always a plus when it comes to unpredictable British weather!
For other ways to reduce your energy bills and usage, check out our energy savings guides.
Types of smart heating controls
At Vaillant, we offer a range of different smart heating controls to suit all requirements, including:
How do I turn my heating into smart heating?
To turn your heating into a smart system:
- Pick from our senso range of controls: View our range of controls to find a smart thermostat.
- Check Compatibility: Make sure the smart thermostat works with your existing heating system – all our controls are compatible with Vaillant products from 2006+.
- Install Smart Thermostat: Contact a local installer.
- Connect to Wi-Fi:Connect the smart thermostat and myVAILLANT connect to your home Wi-Fi for remote control.
- Download App: Get the myVAILLANT app and set it up to control your heating.
- Adjust Settings: Use the app to set your preferred temperatures and schedules.
- Optional Smart Home Integrationfor single zone systems: Integrate the smart thermostat with other smart home devices if needed like your Alexa, or Apple HomeKit if you use a myVAILLANT connect. Watch the YouTube video here.
You can now control your heating remotely and take advantage of smart features for energy savings!