1. Firstly, when they arrive they should present you with their Gas Safe ID card. If not, please make sure you ask to see it, looking at both the front and back of the card to ensure legitimacy.
2. Once they have entered your property, the engineer will begin a to risk assessment of the area, making sure all obstructions and breakables are clear of the work area. It may be a good idea to remove any breakables yourself before the engineer arrives.
3. The engineers should ask you if you have had any problems with the boiler in the last year. They will also check to see if there are any fault codes showing on your appliance (if applicable). Please be aware that if the boiler is not in good working order, then an annual service cannot be carried out and this may incur an additional call out fee.
4. When the annual service begins, the engineer will begin a visual inspection and carry out the checks required for an annual service.
5. Once the checks are done, the engineer will make sure that the boiler is operating correctly, and will reset all controls to their original settings.
6. They will then clear the work area, ensuring the work area is clean and tidy before leaving.
7. Lastly, they should make sure you are happy with the service and answer any question you have about the job.