Vaillant are making sure you are ready for the future...
What is ErP?
This summer, a new European Union directive will be introduced which will see some changes for the heating and hot water market. The new ErP (Energy related products) and ELD (Energy Labelling directive) regulations will mean:
- From August 1st all heating and hot water products must meet certain levels of efficiency specified by the EU, in line with the European emission and carbon reduction targets we have pledged to meet by 2020. These 20-20-20 targets are also known as:
- 20% less green house gases
- 20% energy from renewable sources
- 20% improvement in energy efficiency
- All by the year 2020
From September 26th 2015 the efficiency of heating products and systems must be displayed on a label supplied with the product when installed.
Like other white goods today (fridges, washing machines, dishwashers etc) ErP efficiency will be graded using a letter system, with products and systems being rated from G to A+++ efficiency, which should be left with the homeowner.
Your pefect partner for ErP
Got more questions about ErP and how this will affect you and your business? For all the latest information from Vaillant, take a look at your ErP essesntial guide which covers:
- ErP and how this affects you
- How and when you will need to create a system label
- What changes we made to our product range?
- The great new online energy labeling tool from Vaillant (coming September 2015)