5,8,11 and 15kW
- Unique triVAI intelligent control system
- Excellent green credentials
- Compatible with all boiler systems - gas, oil and LPG
- Easy to install and commission
- Provides significant carbon and energy bill savings
aroTHERM hybrid control system
At Vaillant, we believe that everyone should be able to utilise renewable heating technologies, not only to protect the planet but also to benefit from savings in running costs.
Therefore, we have developed the aroTHERM hybrid system for those properties that have heat loss outside the scope of a single heat pump and/or have a relatively new heating system which can be costly to run.
Using the unique Vaillant triVAI® hybrid management system, the VRC470 control calculates the most efficient generator (the aroTHERM or gas, oil or LPG boiler) at that point in time.
To achieve optimum performance, a suitable home will already be well insulated and have a low heat loss. Your installer should carry out a full heat loss calculation taking into consideration the age and size of your property to determine which model is best suited to your home.
Features & Benefits
The Hybrid system has many welcoming benefits and demonstrates innovative heating technology:
- Being available for use with 5, 8, 11 and 15kW aroTHERM heat pumps, the Hybrid system can be suitable for a wide range of properties.
- The Hybrid is compatible with any Vaillant ecoTEC or incumbent third party boiler.
- A typical installation could take between 3-5 days.
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee is included as standard with a 5 year guarantee on the heat pump compressor.
- Awarded Quiet Mark approval.
- The Vaillant aroTHERM Hybrid is a highly efficient and intelligent heating system which automatically monitors and selects the most cost effective method of heating at any time, be that the boiler or heat pump.
- Helps to reduce the impact of future energy price fluctuations.
- Weather compensating controls as standard.
- Controlling your heating remains simple, as the intelligence behind the system is pre programmed on installation and is easy to update as tariffs change.
- MCS accredited and potentially eligible for funding.
Costs and saving
Installing and maintaining a renewable technology can be costly; however when you install a Vaillant renewable heating technology, you could potentially make savings on your gas bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
- On average a hybrid system installation (assuming an incumbent high efficiency boiler already exists in the property) could cost between £5,000 – £7,000.
- When compared to an old standard oil boiler, this system (including a high efficiency oil boiler and the provided weather compensating controls/outdoor sensor) could save you up to approximately £261 on your fuel bills per year.
- This system could be eligible for funding through the Governments Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) when installed by an MCS accredited installer. If your aroTHERM Hybrid installation benefits from the additional incentive of the RHI programme, this system could save you up to £675 per year*.
- Yes, by upgrading an old standard oil boiler to this new system (with weather compensating controls and an outdoor sensor) you could save up to approximately 1,298 kg of C02/year.)