aroTHERM Air To Water Heat Pumps
5, 8, 11 & 15kW
- Four models in the range - 5, 8, 11 and 15kW outputs
- Quiet Mark accredited
- Compact in size for easy siting
The aroTHERM range of 5, 8, 11 and 15kW air to water heat pumps are a renewable technology range that generate heat for your home using energy from the outside air.
The aroTHERM heat pump system can help you to significantly save money on your fuel bills and reduce your carbon footprint by reducing your reliance on traditional fossil fuels for home heating, and instead harness energy from natural resources.
Unlike other air to water heat pump systems available on the market, the Vaillant aroTHERM comprises a number of individual components including a heat pump unit, heat exchanger module, weather compensating controls and a choice of either a 6kW back up heater or buffer vessel. As a result, the system is suitable for a broad range of properties, and is also one of the most versatile air to water heat pump systems available on the market.
The system can be fitted into a home heating system with ease and minimal disruption, with the outdoor heat pump unit itself being compact enough to fit underneath a standard window, and being very quiet in operation.
The system provides an excellent solution for off gas properties using oil, LPG or storage heaters in particular, by accessing a sustainable energy source, protecting against fluctuating prices of fuel, and also eliminating the need for fuel storage at home.
What’s more, with a Quiet Mark award you can be assured knowing the aroTHERM is one of quietest heat pumps on the market!
Along with our range of aroTHERM air to water heat pumps, we also offer a hybrid system, making sure we offer one of the most comprehensive renewable heating systems in the UK market. Click here for more information.
Features & Benefits
The aroTHERM air to water heat pump has many welcoming benefits and demonstrates innovative heating technology:
- With 5, 8, 11 and 15kW models available, the aroTHERM range offers a solution for many types of property.
- Awarded Quiet Mark approval.
- To achieve optimum performance, a suitable home will already be well insulated and have a low heat loss. Your installer should carry out a full heat loss calculation taking into consideration the age and size of your property to determine which model is best suited to your home.
- Normally changing to an air to water heat pump system requires an increase to the radiators to maximise efficiency, and installation can take between 3-5 days.
- Compact dimensions for flexible siting within a garden.
- High efficient performance with a co-efficient performance (CoP) of 4.7 meaning for every 1kW of electrical energy used 4.7kW of heat energy are generated (measured at air 7C° and water 35C°)
- Advance inverter driven compressor ensures even more efficient operation all year round.
- MCS accredited system and potentially eligible for government funding.
- Weather compensating controls included as standard.
|Monoblock air/ water heat pump|
|Flow/return heating connections, boiler side||11/4;11/4|
|Product dimensions, width||970 mm||1103 mm|
|Product dimensions, height||834 mm||975 mm|
|Product dimensions, depth||408 mm||463 mm|
|Net weight||90 kg||106 kg|
|Hydraulic lines material||Copper||Copper|
|Hydraulic connections material||Brass||Brass|
|Hydraulic seals material||EPDM||EPDM|
|Plate heat exchanger material||AISI 304 stainless steel||AISI 304 stainless steel|
|Pump casing material||Painted cast iron||Painted cast iron|
|Electric connection||230/50 V/Hz||230/50 V/Hz|
|Inveter controller fuse||HRC 20/550 A/V||HRC 20/550 A/V|
|Level of protection||IP 25||IP 25|
|Maximum start-up current||16 A||16 A|
|Maximum current consumption||16 A||16 A|
|Pump power consumption||15..70 W||15..70 W|
|Fan power consumption||15..42 W||15..42 W|
|Fan rotational speed||550 rpm||550 rpm|
|Sound power level for A7W35 according to EN 12102 and EN ISO 9614-1||58 dB(A)||60 dB(A)|
|Sound power level for A7W45 according to EN 12102 and EN ISO 9614-1||59 dB(A)||60 dB(A)|
|Sound power level for A7W55 according to EN 12102 and EN ISO 9614-1||61 dB(A)||61 dB(A)|
|Maximum DHW flow temperature||60 °C||63 °C|
|Minimum air temperature (heating and cylinder charging)||-15 °C||-20 °C|
|Maximum air temperature (heating)||28 °C||28 °C|
|Maximum air temperature (cylinder charging)||46 °C||46 °C|
|Max. Air flow||2000 m/h||2700 m/h|
|Minimum operating pressure||0.1 (1.0) Mpa (bar)||0.1 (1.0) Mpa (bar)|
|Maximum operating pressure||0.3 (3.0) Mpa (bar)||0.3 (3.0) Mpa (bar)|
|Heating circuit water contents in the heat pump||1,1 l||1,6 l|
|Minimum heating circuit water contents||17 l||21 l|
|Min. Volume flow rate||380 l||380 l|
|Nominal volume flow rate, max. Volume flow rate||860 l/h||1400 l/h|
|Hydraulic pressure difference||640 l||450 l|