Recycling with Vaillant
The WEEE directive places an obligation on manufacturers, distributors and retailers to take-back electronics products at the end of their useful life. A sister Directive, ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), complements the WEEE Directive by banning the presence of specific hazardous substances in the products at the design phase.
Instructions for Disposal of WEEE
The symbol shown below is on the product or on its packaging which indicates that this product must not be disposed of with other waste. Instead, it is the user’s responsibility to dispose of the user’s waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The separate collection and recycling of waste equipment at the time of disposal will help to conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste equipment for recycling, please contact your local council or your household waste disposal service.
- Most of our appliances are made from recyclable materials
- Please take the appliance to an appropriate collection point
- By complying with this directive, you will contribute to the preservation of natural resources and the protection of human health.
- We recommend that you recycle the packaging of the appliance in a responsible fashion.
- Sort the waste in order to separate those elements which can be recycled (cardboard, plastics etc) and those which cannot be recycled.
- Dispose of the waste in accordance with existing regulations.
If the product is identified with this symbol:
- Do not dispose of the product with the household waste.
- Instead, hand in the product to a collection centre for waste electrical or electronic equipment.
If the product contains batteries that are marked with this symbol, these batteries may contain substances that are hazardous to human health and the environment.
- In this case, dispose of the batteries at a collection point for batteries.