Terms and Conditions
Guarantee Terms and Conditions
To receive the full benefits of the extended guarantee the following terms and conditions must be followed or your claim may be rejected:
- The Benchmark checklist must be completed by the installer at point of installation and retained on site by the owner/occupier for inspection during an engineer visit.
- The boiler guarantee must be registered within 30 days of installation and a unique valid Serial number for the boiler must be provided. Vaillant has the discretion to accept later registrations where it has not been reasonably possible to register any earlier.
- The boiler must be serviced annually (at least 15 months after installation and at the latest within 15 months’ of its last service) by a registered Gas Safe Engineer in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Service details must be recorded in the Benchmark checklist which must be available for inspection.
- The cost of the annual service is not included in the guarantee.
- Only boiler component failures are covered by the guarantee.
- If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the system the engineer visit becomes chargeable.
- The guarantee does not include cover for fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident and negligence by you or by any third party and failure by you to operate or use the products in accordance with the user instructions.
- The extended guarantee applies to the boiler only, it does not apply to other system components e.g. thermostats, time clocks, motorised valves etc.
- All installation, non boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to the home owner/occupier and could also invalidate your guarantee. If a boiler is not accessible or an engineer cannot gain access to the property then our abortive charge will apply.
- For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required; returned in full if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
- Vaillant Group UK Limited reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at anytime and its decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
- This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to any product that is faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- The use of non-genuine Vaillant spare parts in any repair may invalidate the guarantee.
- In registering the guarantee you give consent for Vaillant to share your data with its business partners in order to assist with the administration of the guarantee. Your guarantee is provided to you by Vaillant Group UK Limited (Registered in England with Co. No 00294316) of Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT; should your boiler develop a fault please contact your original installer or alternatively contact Vaillant Service on 0330 1003476.
- Moving the boiler without Vaillant Group UK Limited’s consent may invalidate the guarantee.
- Self-maintenance tasks such as re-pressurising and resetting the boiler, bleeding excess system pressure and thawing frozen condensate pipes aren’t covered should something go wrong. In these instances, we would recommend contacting your installer as they will be able to assist.
- If not registered proof of purchase or Benchmark checklist will be required.
Please note: In order to receive an extended manufacturers guarantee, an appliance must be purchased and supplied by your chosen Vaillant Advance installer.