Vaillant are Proudly Supporting Gas Safety Week 2020
From 14th – 20th September, the Gas Safe Register are hosting Gas Safety Week 2020 to raise awareness of the importance of taking care of gas appliances.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly and without warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.
Here's a few simple checks you can share with your customers, friends, family and loved ones to make sure their gas appliances are taken care of properly:
- Check their gas appliance every year - Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants should be aware that it's their landlord's responsibility to arrange this.
- Check their engineer is Gas Safe registered and qualified for the type of work they need doing - Let them know they can find this information on the Gas Safe Register website and the back of the Gas Safe ID card. When you go to your customer's home, be proud to show them your card before they ask for it
- Check for warning signs that could indicate their appliances are not working correctly - Signs may include lazy yellow/orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance, a pilot light that keeps going out and too much condensation in the room
- Check they know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning - headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
- Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm - Alarms should be marked EN50291 and display the British Standards Kitemark
For more information go to: www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gassafetyweek/stay-safe/